1 Logging into Astute Online
Reset Your Own Password and PINThe requirement of adding a PIN when logging in, is to protect:
- your client's confidential portfolio information
- your reputation and personal information
- the system
In addition, the Forgot Password and PIN link, is available to each user to assist in the login process and can be utilized at anytime. This 4-step login process empowers you to perform this function on your own.
Login Errors You Can Solve
Your Account is currently
Cause: Trying to login without completing the verification process.
The account has been created, but the user has not confirmed (verified) his/her account.
When the profile was created, the user received an email with a link to confirm the account. This is a requirement to complete the account verification process.
- type in your Username or ID > click Reset password
- you will receive another temporary PIN and email
- open the email and click Change Password and complete the required fields, as above.
The Administrator within your company, can also resend the confirmation email to you.
Note: the link is only valid for 8 hours, from the
time the mail was sent.
What do do:
- If it is within the 8 hour period: the user can simply refer to the email and click the 'confirm your account'; link and complete the required fields and confirm the account.
- If the 8 hours have lapsed or the email was deleted: click the Forgot Password and PIN hyperlink
The credentials supplied
could not be validated
Cause: Incorrect capturing. The Username, Password and/or PIN didn't match the registration we have on our database.
What to do: Check the following
- A valid username is either your ID Number or the username an Administrator created for you. It is not case sensitive.
- The password is case sensitive. Check the caps lock key on your keyboard is not activated then retype your credentials again.
- A new PIN can be generated if the previous one was forgotten (or if logging on to Astute Online for the first time). Simply click on the Forgot Password and PIN hyperlink to receive a new PIN.
**Remember the Password and
PIN work simultaneously and you will receive a new email with a link to change
When to use the Forgot Password and PIN hyperlink:
First time users:- the first step to obtain a pin and password to login
- when the account confirmation link has expired, after 8 hours
Returning Users- failing to login i.e. forgot or misplaced your Password and/or PIN